Thursday, November 30, 2006

The importance of time

Hi Everyone,

It feels like ages and ages since I did my last post. Perhaps that has as much to do with the amount I've been learning as much as the passing of time.

I did my first video excursion last weekend and the result was ~ in watching what I had shot, I nearly got sea-sick from all the movement. It was terrible! So, more practice needed along with a lot of timely tips from experts.

Learning has to start somewhere and is NEVER a waste of time. What is a waste of time is doing something and never taking the time to do it properly. So, watch this space for the 'adventures of...."

The reason I called this post 'the importance of time' is because I've just been reading my favourite newsletters and one from Adam Hudson discussed a changing phenomenum in the home market DIY'ers.

That is, the DIY market has fallen off for big hardware retailers. This is because those who used to be the DIY'ers are now preferring to pay contractors to do the work to save time! They have the money now to pay a contractor to do the work and are preferring to swap money for time.

So, the world changes with every turn.

He advises not to concentrate on price or length time of being in business because people just don't care. They have a problem and they want it solved now.

He says that the Contracting Business who offers the most efficient service as a problem solver will be the winning business every time.

Are you finding this now too? Interesting, huh?

Warmly,
Jan-ConstructingProfits
www.constructingprofits.com

No comments: